Transfer news LIVE: Coutinho to Arsenal, Jimenez to Man United, Ter Stegen to Chelsea, Perisic to Tottenham
The window officially opened this week following the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Premier League clubs will now be busy reshaping their squad ahead of the new campaign, with the window scheduled to close on October 5.
Chelsea have already brought in the likes of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, stealing a march on their rivals, while the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City are making early progress on adding to their squads.
Stay tuned for the latest transfer news and rumours…
MAN UTD NEWS
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to complete the signing of Jadon Sancho is quickly as possible, according to reports.
ESPN say the Norwegian is looking for a speedy resolution over the 20-year-old winger, who has reportedly told Borussia Dortmund he is leaving this summer.
The only question is whether the Bundesliga outfit will move on their asking price, believed to be around £100m.
Upamecano signs new deal
Upamecano has signed a new deal with RB Leipzig – a blow to many top sides across Europe.
Bowyer set for crunch Charlton talks
Charlton manager Lee Bowyer is set for crunch talks with Paul Elliott and Chris Farnell early next week.
Bowyer is due to meet prospective Charlton owner Elliott and lawyer Farnell after expressing major concerns about the situation at The Valley.
An unhappy Bowyer last week cast doubt over his Charlton future after they were relegated from the Championship following months of turmoil behind the scenes.
Relegation leaves Charlton facing an uncertain future amid a boardroom crisis and an ongoing EFL investigation into owners East Street Investments [ESI].
WEST HAM NEWS
West Ham plotting QPR raid
With relegation from the Premier League successfully averted this season, West Ham are focusing on making quick signings during the summer transfer window.
According to The Telegraph, David Moyes is keen to swiftly wrap up a deal for versatile QPR midfielder Ryan Manning over the coming weeks.
It comes amid news that the Hammers are stepping up their bid for Manning’s QPR team-mate Eberechi Eze.
Chelsea set Kante fee
Chelsea are ready to part ways with French international midfielder N’Golo Kanté, according to Corriere dello Sport.
The Blues have set a €60m asking price with three years still left on his deal at Stamford Bridge.
Previously pursued by Juventus, Real Madrid, and PSG, the former Leicester man is currently tracked by former boss Antonio Conte at Inter Milan.
MAN UTD NEWS
Romero set for showdown talks with Man Utd
Sergio Romero wants to hold showdown talks with Manchester United over his future, according to The Sun.
The Argentinian is wary that Dean Henderson’s loan spell at Sheffield United has ended and he could be brought back to Old Trafford to battle David De Gea for the No1 jersey next term.
Romero did not make a Premier League appearance this term and has just 12 months to run on his current deal, though there is an option for a further year.
There are a number of clubs interested in the 33-year-old across Europe, while teams in his native Argentina and the MLS are also monitoring the situation.
CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS
Real Betis pushing for Guaita
Real Betis are negotiating a deal to sign Crystal Palace goalkeeper Vicente Guaita, according to Football Espana.
Former Man City and West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has been appointed Real Betis boss and is keen to overhaul the squad this summer.
The Liga club believe Guaita will be their first signing of the summer.
Arteta says FA Cup win will help Arsenal keep Aubameyang
Mikel Arteta believes tomorrow’s FA Cup final will not be Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s last game for Arsenal and lifting the trophy could help convince him to sign a new contract.
Aubameyang will captain Arsenal at Wembley Stadium tomorrow against Chelsea, but he is yet to pen fresh terms on a new deal.
“I think that has a strong link with everything that you want to experience as a player,” said Arteta.
“The fact that winning a trophy helps to really believe and feel – wow, I want more of those moments as well. If you are wearing the armband and you are able to lift that cup, it is such a moment and this is going to help for sure.”
Tottenham forward Troy Parrott agrees Millwall loan switch
Tottenham forward Troy Parrott is set to follow in Harry Kane’s footsteps by joining Millwall on loan.
The Lions have agreed a season-long deal for the 18-year-old, who has agreed personal terms and passed a medical.
A teenage Kane spent the second half of the 2011-12 season on loan at the Den, helping to save the Lions from relegation, and he has said the spell “turned me into a man”.
Saints wait on Tottenham over Hojbjerg
Southampton are still waiting on Tottenham to make an appropriate bid for midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, according to The Daily Echo.
Saints have accepted an offer for Hojbjerg from Everton but the 24-year-old is fixed on a move to Spurs.
The ball is now in Tottenham’s court to meet the asking price.
Liverpool back in for Kelly
Liverpool are preparing a move for Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly, according to The Express.
The Reds missed out on the 21-year-old defender 12 months ago when he was at Bristol City.
He eventually moved to the Cherries in a £13m deal but Liverpool have reignited their interest.
Kelly can play at centre-back and left-back.
Tottenham haven’t given up on Ndombele
More on that story we brought you earlier from our Tottenham man Dan Kilpatrick.
Tottenham are determined to make a success of record signing Tanguy Ndombele, amid interest in the Frenchman from Inter Milan and Barcelona.
Inter are open to offering Ndombele an escape route from Spurs, while Barca remain keen on a part-exchange deal despite having already seen an approach rebuffed.
But, for now, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is determined not to sell the maverick midfielder, who cost £55million from Lyon last July.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Chelsea and City eye Alaba
Chelsea and Manchester City are monitoring David Alaba’s contract situation, according to The Telegraph.
Alaba is heading into the final 12 months of his deal in Munich and is pushing for a more lucrative contract.
Bayern are keen to agree fresh terms but Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan are also among the major keeping tabs on the situation.
Bale to stay at Real
Gareth Bale has told Wales boss Ryan Giggs he intends to stay at Real Madrid this summer even if it makes him rusty for the Euros in 2021, according to The Mirror.
Bale made just 12 starts en route to Real’s La Liga triumph this term and didn’t feature in any of their last seven matches.
But the former Tottenham man remains on a deal worth over £600,000-a-week which runs for another two years.
He is very settled with his family in Spain.
ICYMI: Willian receives trio of formal offers
Willian has received formal offers from Chelsea, Barcelona and David Beckham’s Inter Miami, according to Sky Sports.
The 31-year-old is due to be a free agent after Chelsea’s Saturday’s FA Cup final against Arsenal, where he will begin making a decision on his future,
Sky Sports report Barcelona have offered Willian his desired three-year deal, which initially proved a stumbling block in negotiations with Chelsea.
Meanwhile, Inter Miami have made a “lucrative three-and-a-half-year offer” for the winger.
Arsenal also remain interested in Willian, however, and could yet play a role in the saga.
Spurs not in Ndombele talks
Contrary to reports around this morning, Standard Sport understands Tottenham are not in talks to sell Tanguy Ndombele.
There is still determination to give him time to be a success at the club after a difficult first season.
Ndombele made just 12 starts following his club-record £55m move from Lyon last summer.
Skriniar to Tottenham?
Milan Skriniar could be heading to Tottenham as part of a swap deal for Tanguy Ndombele this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano.
As we told you earlier, Inter Milan are keen on a player-plus-cash deal for Ndombele, who arrived at Spurs last summer for a club-record £55million.
Tottenham are keen to replace Jan Vertonghen following the Belgian’s recent departure and Jose Mourinho has identified Skriniar.
Manchester City had been linked with the 25-year-old, but their interest has cooled after they struck a deal for Nathan Ake in recent days.
Chelsea deny Granovskaia claims
Chelsea have moved to “vigorously deny” claims that director Marina Granovskaia has acted unprofessionally in the club’s pursuit of Kai Havertz.
Rumours have circulated that Blues director Granovskaia has been speaking to contacts in Germany, seeking information on Leverkusen’s setup that could help when haggling over a transfer fee for star midfielder Havertz in order to compile a dossier of potential weaknesses in Bayer Leverkusen’s hierarchy to gain an upper hand in negotiations.
But now Chelsea have issued a firm denial of those claims, insisting owner Roman Abramovich’s most trusted advisor approaches transfer dealings with the utmost professionalism.
“We vigorously deny these suggestions; these claims are a complete fabrication,” a Chelsea spokesman told the Press Association.
Granovskaia oversees Chelsea’s transfer strategy, especially in terms of negotiation.
The Blues’ Russian director has built an impressive reputation as one of the most powerful women in football, and is highly respected for her negotiating skills.
Click here for the full story.
MAN UTD NEWS
Sancho could join Man United for initial £60m
Manchester United’s hopes of signing Jadon Sancho for no more than £80million has been boosted with reports that Borussia Dortmund will accept a deal in installments.
Spurs keen on Perisic as Inter move for Ndombele
Tottenham and Inter Milan have reportedly begun talks over the transfer of Tanguy Ndombele.
The France midfielder only joined Spurs last summer in a club-record deal, and while Jose Mourinho has backed the 23-year-old to turn things around, it seems that he may leave before achieving that.
That could interest Tottenham too. Spurs are said to be interested in Ivan Perisic, who spent last season on loan at Bayern Munich, with Mourinho a long-term admirer of the Croatian, while defender Milan Skriniar could also be included.
Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window open?
Premier League clubs have agreed on the revised start and finish dates of this summer’s transfer window.
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October. During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.
Chelsea will push ahead with moves for Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz and remain interested in Leicester City’s Ben Chillwel, while Manchester United are also expected to be busy this summer.
Jadon Sancho remains Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s number one target, and a deal should be completed if Man United can negotiate a compromise on the £100m-plus valuation Dortmund has for the England international.