Transfer news LIVE: Coutinho to Arsenal loan ON, Sancho to Man United latest, Aubameyang wanted Chelsea move
The window officially opened this week after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Premier League clubs will now be busy reshaping their squad ahead of the new campaign, with the window scheduled to close on October 5.
Chelsea have already brought in the likes of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, stealing a march on their rivals, while the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City are making early progress on adding to their squads.
Stay tuned for the latest transfer news and rumours…
MAN UTD NEWS
Raul Jimenez looks set to snub any interest from Juventus and Manchester United this summer in favour of staying at Wolves.
A report from Mexican outlet Record claims the 29-year-old is on both clubs’ radar after a fine season for Wolves, with his 17 goals helping them qualify for the Europa League for a second successive season.
But it adds Jimenez isn’t looking to leave Molineux any time soon after he became a father for the first time recently.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Sheffield United have wasted no time in locking down their star performers to new contracts after Chris Basham signed a new deal.
The 32-year-old was ever-present for the Blades this season as they secured a top-10 finish in their first season back in the Premier League.
Having played an instrumental part in Chris Wilder’s back three, Basham has now committed his future by putting pen to paper on a new contract which will keep him at Bramall Lane until 2022.
Spurs striker Parrott joins Millwall on loan
Tottenham striker Troy Parrott will spend next season on loan at Millwall, the Championship side have confirmed.
The Lions have agreed a season-long deal for the 18-year-old, who agreed personal terms and passed a medical earlier this week.
A teenage Harry Kane spent the second half of the 2011-12 season on loan at the Den, helping to save the Lions from relegation, and he has said the spell “turned me into a man”.
Parrott is already a Republic of Ireland international, having made his debut against New Zealand last November, but was repeatedly declared “not ready” for Premier League football by Spurs manager Jose Mourinho before the lockdown.
He missed the restart after undergoing a hernia operation and was not included in any match-day squads after returning to fitness in mid-July.
Parrott has been given a glowing reference by Ireland U-21 teammate Jayson Molumby, who spent last season on loan at Millwall from Brighton.
CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS
Crystal Palace are preparing to make a £15m offer for QPR starlet Eberechi Eze but could face competition from West Ham.
Eze, 22, has enjoyed a fine season in the Championship with 14 goals and eight assists for the R’s this season.
Palace have shown interest in the Nigerian forward and, as told by The Beautiful Game Podcast, QPR are now willing to accept a lower fee – having demanded £20m before the coronavirus pandemic.
Arsenal have told Brentford they will need to pay £8m to sign young striker Folarin Balogun.
The 19-year-old, who is eligible to play for Nigeria, USA and England, has rejected a new contract with his current deal set to expire in 2021.
Sky Sports report Balogun wants assurances over his path to the first team but the Gunners aren’t willing to meet his demands.
Brentford are at the front of the queue to snap up the striker, but may have to wait for his price to fall before sealing any transfers with a play-off final still to play.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Gabriel agent in talks with Premier League duo
Is Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes closing on a move to the Premier League?
According to Sky Sports, the Brazilian’s representatives have travelled to the UK for talks with two unnamed clubs.
Everton, Arsenal and Manchester United have all been linked with Gabriel, who almost sealed a switch to Goodison Park earlier this year before the coronavirus shutdown.
Sky add that the 22-year-old is expected to reach a final decision over his future in the coming days.
Lille have already bid farewell to one top talent on Friday, with striker Victor Osimhen heading to Napoli in a big-money deal.
Lacazette’s Arsenal future not tied to Aubameyang
Alexandre Lacazette says his future at Arsenal is not linked to that of fellow striker and close friend Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Gunners captain Aubameyang has now entered the final 12 months of his current deal, while Lacazette has yet to begin talks over an extension to a contract that is due to expire in 2022.
However, he insists his own decision is not tied to Aubameyang’s.
“No, because we know that Auba has a lot of discussions with the club and I can’t put my future on someone else,” Lacazette said ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup Final.
“When he came everyone knows we had a good relationship together. We always talk about everything, not only about football but everything in life.
“He’s a good guy. That’s why between us it became really easy.”
Tottenham not in Ndombele talks
Contrary to reports around this morning, Standard Sport understands Tottenham are not in talks to sell Tanguy Ndombele.
There is still determination to give him time to be a success at the club after a difficult first season.
Ndombele made just 12 starts following his club-record £55m move from Lyon last summer.
Click here to read the full story.
WEST HAM NEWS
Watford close to Ngakia deal
After leaving West Ham last month, Jeremy Ngakia looks set to join relegated Watford.
The Guardian report that a deal is close, with the teenage right-back having rejected the offer of a long-term contract extension at London Stadium.
West Ham would be due compensation if Ngakia joins another English club.
MAN UTD NEWS
Depay key to Man United’s Sancho move
Manchester United could be helped in their pursuit of Jadon Sancho by a familiar face: Memphis Depay.
England international Sancho is Man United’s top transfer target this summer.
Coutinho to Arsenal ON
Arsenal have emerged as favourites to sign Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona this summer as the Brazilian looks set to return to the Premier League in 2020-21.
The 28-year-old has been offered to a number of Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and Tottenham, with Gunners’ boss Mikel Arteta believed to be keen on taking him to north London.
Barca had hoped to sell Coutinho this summer for a fee in the region of €80m, but the financial effects of the coronavirus crisis make that almost impossible.
Coutinho’s annual wages of around €13.7m are prohibitive for Arsenal and Standard Sport understands Barca would be willing to pay half his salary, although the Gunners would be charged a loan fee of around €10m for the Brazilian.
Click here for the full story:
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Aubameyang targeted January Chelsea move
This is quite the intriguing line ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup Final clash between the London rivals at Wembley.
The Mail are reporting that Chelsea were sounded out – at the player’s behest – over a potential move for Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang during the January transfer window.
However, it is said that the striker’s enormous salary demands ultimately put paid to the chance of such a high-profile deal ever coming to pass.
The LaLiga champions have confirmed the departure of forward Dani Gomez to Levante.
The 22-year-old, who spent this season on loan at CD Tenerife, will now link up with the Spanish top-tier outfit.
Real Madrid defender Sergio Reguilon is being targeted for a potential summer transfer to Everton, according to Sky Sports.
The 23-year-old spent the season on loan at Sevilla but has returned to the Santiago Bernabeu, with several clubs interested in signing the full-back permanently.
The report claims Reguilon could cost £18m, which is within Everton’s transfer budget, but with interest from three unnamed Premier League clubs, Carlo Ancelotti may need to convince the Spaniard to head to Goodison Park.
WEST HAM NEWS
Sami Khedira looks to heading out of Juventus after negotiations began to cancel his contract, reports in Italy say.
The 33-year-old has fallen out of favour at the Allianz Stadium and has made just 12 Serie A appearances for the Bianconeri this season.
The German midfielder has a year left on his current deal but the club are set to allow him to leave early, and that could be of interest to West Ham, who have been mentioned as a possible destination.
MAN CITY NEWS
Kalidou Koulibaly could leave Napoli this summer if the club receive a bid matching their asking price, says owner Aurelio De Laurentiis.
Reports in Italy suggest Man City have offered £61m for the Senegalese defender and De Laurentiis admits it is possible the 28-year-old leaves if their £81m valuation is met.
“Kalidou is a wonderful person and of course it’d be sad to lose him,” De Laurentiis told Sky Sport Italia.
“Everything has a time and a place, even when it comes to going our separate ways. Having said that, we don’t have €90m on the table and in any case, it takes two to separate.”
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Norwich defender Max Aarons has brushed off speculation linking him with Bayern Munich after the club’s relegation to the Championship.
“It’s kind of natural that, as a 20-year-old playing in the Premier League, there will be things out there in the press,” he told The Athletic.
“I just leave that to the people off the pitch, like Stuart [Webber, Norwich sporting director] or the club to deal with.
“Anything else that happens or takes place, it’s not really in my hands. All I can do as a professional footballer is try to develop my game and come back sharp, come back strong and come back ready for a big season.
“I’ve got four years left on my contract here, so I’ll be coming back ready to go, ready to attack next year.”
Birmingham City have announced the appointment of Aitor Karanka as their new manager.
The former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest coach has been out of work since January 2019 but has agreed a two-year deal to take over at St Andrews.
Karanka replaces fellow Spaniard Pep Clotet, who was sacked at the end of the season after Birmingham secured their Championship status.
Pep Guardiola’s former assistant Domenec Torrent has agreed to take charge of Brazilian outfit Flamengo.
The 58-year-old, who worked at City from 2016 to 2018 before taking over at New York City FC, will replace Jorge Jesus on an 18-month contract.
The Brazilian coach is returning for a second stint with Benfica, who he managed for six years until 2015.
Mesut Ozil will not be part of Arsenal’s squad for the FA Cup final clash against Chelsea on Saturday, according to reports.
The playmaker has not featured for the Gunners since the restart and was not expected to feature in Mikel Arteta’s starting XI anyway.
But according to widespread reports, the 31-year-old has spent the past few days in Turkey and will not be included in the squad, along with exiled midfielder Matteo Guendouzi as the Gunners look to offload the young midfielder.
Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the 2020 summer transfer window open?
Premier League clubs have agreed on the revised start and finish dates of this summer’s transfer window.
The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.
Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October. During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.
Chelsea will push ahead with moves for Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz and remain interested in Leicester City’s Ben Chillwel, while Manchester United are also expected to be busy this summer.
Jadon Sancho remains Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s number one target, and a deal should be completed if Man United can negotiate a compromise on the £100m-plus valuation Dortmund has for the England international.